Saturday, April 11, 2009

Poem: The Dark Trilogy


DARK
____________________

I

(The Blinding)

Into the flesh
We come,
Maybe to sit
Submerged.
Maybe not so lucky
To experience
Life overshadowed.

I am vacant of survival.

The darkness
Is intense,
Terrorizing the dawn
To keep me inactive.
Granted,
I am produced
To re-consume
And reconstruct
Intriguing motives.

I am feeble, buried under fools.

A pool of spirits
Continue to stalk
This example
Of puppets
Masking the wreckage.

I am the blind digging a hole.

“I am not
Exactly sure
What made
Creation grim,
Standing attractive
To the darkness,
Collective for display.”

Perhaps, I am a dog
A war monger,
Collapsing into
Meditative landscapes.

____________________

II


(The Howling)


Have I got feelings?

“The innermost touches unseen and unheard.”

No, I’ve nothing to depress
Everything is underlined
And denied.

I open
The remaining interest,
Unwavering,
With a key
Of conviction
And composure.

Faint heartedly will I
Build borders
To be difficult,
If not impossible.

All of me seem caught in an opposite rhythm.

Can
I
Hold
Against
The
Force
Of
Darkness?

Am I too far?

I am far,
Too far,
From your hand,
Drifting into pieces.
The puzzle,
A nightmare of illusion.

I scream to the one
Behind the veil.
The veil shifts into ashes.

Veil of ashes.
Veil of ashes.
____________________


III


(The Ending)


On the final night,
I dealt with my most oblivious war
To progress my conscience.

Recognize
Unfamiliar penalties
Marked on my back
For punishment
And participation.

“Oh why, oh why, did they not dance?”

I should
Be bodily well
To donate offenses,
Influencing clarity
To create
A sour taste.

Listen to the sound,
Listen to the voice.

Can
I
Hold
Back
This
Time
Predicted?

There is a light.

Souls have declared
This place
A journey
To their conclusion
At the right time
And mourning.

There is a light.

There is a light
That never goes out.

=================================
©2009 Torrence King. All Rights Reserved. 

========================================================= 
 

from Dead Artists Symmetry - To view and order go to:

http://torrenceking.blogspot.com/2011/08/dead-artists-symmetry-poetry-art.html


No comments:

Post a Comment