Sunday, March 22, 2009

Poem: THE REAR-VIEW MIRROR DIMENSION

THE REAR-VIEW MIRROR DIMENSION

As I observe you,
An image of
Darkly windows,
I stare at your
Reflective aura.

My attention to
Literal flaws
Are paid frequently,
Held around
Glossy worlds.

The facts rely on
Ultimate intentions.

Double my work
To comfort
Crystal-like forms.

What creates
This out pour over
Shocking beauty?

You draft
A smile to
The few sheets
Of lost reflections.

I go back to
The board drawn
Transparently exact.

Reminded of
The liquid streets.
The lovely evenings
in the cage,
My adjustment
To old age,
And your escape
Through optical illusions.

A glare of you
Without the facade,
Begins to stare back
At the shapeless.


====================================
©1996 Torrence J. King. All rights reserved. From the poetry-art book Satellites & Exits



To view and order Satellites and Exits - Vol. 1 – Go to:
http://torrenceking.blogspot.com/2009/10/satellites-exits-poetry-and-art-book.html


No comments:

Post a Comment