Tuesday, November 24, 2009

POEM: IT SHOULD BE ME

IT SHOULD BE ME

There is nothing more
Than time standing still.

Time to keep
And just about to run.

Out on the life I know,
The journey yields an end result.

Equaled measurements that play to the sum of my fear.

Boxed inside this shell,
I lost the last one left.

Hold on to that last hope
Sealed with the first kiss.

How sweet it is,
To taste it,
To feel it.

Nobody does it better.

How do you do it?

It's all amazing but I best be going.

Too late to turn around,
Too much to move straight forward.

Love this grand
Can stand the rain
And the pain
Of the one who hurts.


Time to keep
And just about to run.

It should be me by your side.

Way too late.
Way too late.

This is not how I feel.


©2005 Torrence King. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment