Friday, December 4, 2009

Poem: Insomnia

INSOMNIA

In the middle
Of the night,
My eyes
Both red
and dry,
Are afraid to close.

Afraid to forget you.

You lay there
Dreaming of a better way.

Without me?

Maybe.

With all we been through?

For sure.

Don't put me back.
Don't let me go.

I am awake.
Wide awake.

Don't you understand?

I'm not sleeping.

I don't want to dream of another,
I only want
you.

Always here.
Always by my side.

I am forever scared to lose you.

For this,
And all that is yet to come,
My eyes
may never close.

============================


©2009 Torrence King. All Rights Reserved.



==========================================

To view and order The Kiss of Life – Go to:
http://torrenceking.blogspot.com/2011/08/kiss-of-life-poetry-art-collection.html

No comments:

Post a Comment