Sunday, December 5, 2010

VOL: Who Knows When The Sunrise Will Be?

Who Knows When The Sunrise Will Be? I'm a chemistry of flesh and water Blood and guts A savage disorder I made the wrong move Oh, what a bother And ever since then, I been looking for my Father When this darkness rolls in I can't read my I.D. And who knows when the sunrise will be? Martin Luther said to one of his brothers "Except for one instance, no one can die for another" And the devil makes me fearful about my survival One's gone before to ensure your arrival Sometimes the darkness rolls in And it just takes ahold of me And who knows when the sunrise will be? See, I feel like Barabbas with his sentence reversed I got my handgun of conceit But at least it's registered And I checked out of my Best Western motel I saw a man on a hill in place of my hell And then the darkness rolls in And chokes the life out of me And who knows when the sunrise will be? You can count on your charm or revel in your wealth Improve your appearance or hope in your health But houses of cards tumble, and reputations fail Marriages crumble, and interest rates sale And there are no more heroes, and there are no rules of thumb Criminals are pardoned 'cos there's no place to put them Babies are torn because nobody wants them And whales, canonized by some government program We're blind men, sad men, dreamers with wishes Paralytics, lunatics and the back-street fringes All find a place in Your home, at Your table And You make them well 'cos You're willing and able Still, in the darkness there's a candle you will see And who knows when the sunrise will be? ----------------------------------------------- http://www.wnrn.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sunrise.jpg Who Knows When The Sunrise Will Be - Jugular (1990) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--frqowDmbE

No comments:

Post a Comment