Monday, October 19, 2009

Poem: Lakeshore Sunrise

LAKESHORE SUNRISE

It is the wee small hours of the morning
The last taste of darkness.

As a fresh brew of day dawns ahead,
The stars stare down and flicker.

One more reminder of heaven’s grace.

I am drawn here
Because of the romance of nature.

I am looking out to the clearing sky
Because I remember you.

She’s rising,
That bright star of warmth eternal.

She’s shining,
Like a golden orb of sweet comfort.

Wrapped around me
Are these thoughts of us.
Sitting here,
Holding each other,
Questioning the lives we’ve been granted.

I guess,
I wanted this time to last forever
But as the lake shimmers
With the sun’s reflection,
I see the ripple effects of our memories.

I can see us there.

How beautiful you are to me
In my mind’s last gleaming

With the glow of time slowly approaching,
I refuse to feel left alone.

For once, we did cross over these entanglements.

Our hearts heavy with burdens,
Longing to breathe
With a sigh of relief.

And now, the light breaks forth
And I gather my thoughts,
Knowing that I may never hold you again
To watch a new day unfold.

Upon the earth,
I take my leave,
Once last time.

Maybe to return
To the place
Where two star-crossed lovers
Found each other
And lost their love
Along the way.

___________________________________________________________

©2009 Torrence King. All rights reserved. From the poetry-art collection “The Kiss of Life”



=================================================

To view and order The Kiss of Life – Go to:
http://torrenceking.blogspot.com/2011/08/kiss-of-life-poetry-art-collection.html

No comments:

Post a Comment