Monday, October 19, 2009

Poem: A Desired Destination

A Desired Destination


Alone.
Driving toward another destination.
Far from where we were meant to be.

The sun is shining
And there’s no rescue here.

You said that there was another
And for this I am grateful.

Thank you.

Makes me wonder
How long it would take before that ball would finally drop.

The sun is shining.
Clouds everywhere.
Driving round and round.
A circle of quiet.

I want to give out.
I want to give in.

Going over a cliff.
Caught in a tailspin.

I told you that I care about you but that wasn’t enough.
I told you that I will do what it takes to make you happy.
But you refused to believe.

Did I do something wrong?
Did I make a wrong turn somewhere?

A one-way street,
Backwards and stalled.

Life has not granted me immunity
From the pain I feel everyday.

Love has taken me through loops
And bound me to the fate I can never escape.

For now, I laugh at this mystery.

Uncovered by time.
Recovered by hate.

If there was any point in my life,
Any point at all,
Where I could find love and not lose faith,
That time has deserted me.

That place,
Gone,
A Long time ago.

And now,
I am alone.
Driving.
Pass the point,
Where we were meant to be.

_______________________________________________

©2009 Torrence King. All rights reserved. From the poetry-art collection “The Kiss of Life”


To view and order The Kiss of Life – Go to:
http://torrenceking.blogspot.com/2011/08/kiss-of-life-poetry-art-collection.html

No comments:

Post a Comment