Thursday, October 28, 2010

Poem: Heaven Still Hounds

HEAVEN STILL HOUNDS

You don’t have to go
Too far
When your howl Is heard.

Neither one of us
Planned for the show
Of business,
So perfectly intricate
And sunnier.

In those days,
I was bewildered
And fighting
To tear down
Improvements.

Along the same lines
I concentrate directly
From lessons
Or whatever happens.

The ground opens up
On the street.
Pass the stage,
Envy and germs
Start to spring
And attack
Our flattered perspective.

I will waste more time, 
Erase the pressure
And assume
Its going to get worse.

A result to losing,
I hear a voice,
Overtly loud
Suggesting the fall
Of power.

Substance spits out
Miracles sweetly tasted.
______________________________________  

“I am now a central part of your mind’s landscape whether you care or do not…” - 
“The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get”, Morrissey
______________________________________

©2009 Torrence King. All rights reserved. 
__________________________________________________  

from Dead Artists Symmetry - To view and order go to:

http://torrenceking.blogspot.com/2011/08/dead-artists-symmetry-poetry-art.html


No comments:

Post a Comment