Sunday, February 13, 2011

PLAYLIST: 100 Favorite Love Songs


100 Favorite Love Songs

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two." - St. Augustine

With love and the sound of broken hearts in the air, I would like to present my 100 favorite love songs.

This list consists of some of the most thoughtful, “sappy” and honestly poetic songs on the subject of love: both lost and found that I have come to appreciate.

I chose these songs because, primarily, most of them are personal favorites either for lyrical content or musically diverse or both. Some songs I grew up listening to while others are current favorites that take their cue from those romantic classics of years gone by. Included below is the list of 100 songs with a few selected music/video for my readers to sample or just play to your hearts content. And as always: search, download, listen and enjoy.

Song / Artist

1. #41 – Dave Matthews Band
2. (Our Love) Don’t Throw It All Away – Barry Gibb
3. A Song For You – Ray Charles
4. All About Our Love – Sade
5. All I Do – Stevie Wonder
6. All This Love – El DeBarge
7. All Time High – Rita Coolidge
8. Always and Forever – Heatwave
9. Always on My Mind – Willie Nelson
10. Angel – Jon Secada
11. Anyway – Over The Rhine
12. At Your Best – Aaliyah
13. Babe – Styx
14. Baby Come Back – Player
15. Be With You – Enrique Iglesias
16. Best of My Love – The Eagles
17. Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
18. Crazy – Patsy Cline
19. Cryin’ – Roy Orbinson
20. Don’t Worry Baby – Beach Boys
21. Ebony Eyes – Rick James and Smokey Robinson
22. Endless Love – Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
23. Everybody Here Wants You – Jeff Buckley
24. Faithfully – Journey
25. For The Love of You – Isley Brothers

=====================================================

- VIDEO: Everybody Here Wants You - Jeff Buckley

If the video above does not display, copy and paste the following in your URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW3Z1iTVehM

I know everybody here wants you

I know everybody here thinks he needs you

I'll be waiting right here just to show you

How our love will blow it all away

==================================================

26. Halo – The Cure
27. Have I Told You Lately – Van Morrison
28. Hearts – Marty Balin
29. Hello, Again – Neil Diamond
30. Home – The Cure
31. How Deep is Your Love – Bee Gees
32. How Much I Feel – Ambrosia
33. I Can’t Tell You Why – The Eagles
34. I Could Fall In Love – Selena
35. I Couldn’t Love You More – Sade
36. I Just Fall In Love Again – Anne Murray
37. I Just Wanna Stop – Gino Vannelli
38. I Love You – Sarah McLachlan
39. I Want You – Marvin Gaye
40. I Will Always – The Cranberries
41. I’m On Fire – Bruce Springsteen
42. I’ve Got You Under My Skin – Frank Sinatra
43. If You Leave Me Now – Chicago
44. Is This Love – Bob Marley
45. It Might Be You – Stephen Bishop
46. Just Once – James Ingram
47. Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
48. Lifetime – Maxwell
49. Live On My Mind – Bruce Cockburn
50. Look of Love – Diana Krall

=======================================================

- VIDEO: Live on my Mind - Bruce Cockburn




If the video above does not display, click or copy and paste the following link in your URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjn0Mj_4Huw

See you standing in the door against the dark
Fireflies around you like a crown of sparks
You blow me a kiss that blurs my vision
Blurs the human condition

You're the ocean ringing in my brain
You are my island ripe with cane
Catch the scent of strange flowers when you pass
Fluid motion like the wind in grass

It's your eyes I want to see
Looking into mine
Got you live on my mind
All the time

=================================================

51. Loose Ends – Bruce Springsteen
52. Lost In Love – Air Supply
53. Lost Without U – Robin Thicke
54. Love Song – The Cure
55. Making Love – Roberta Flack
56. Making Love Out of Nothing At All - Air Supply
57. Mercy of The Flame – Mark Heard
58. Missing – Everything But The Girl
59. More Love – Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
60. My Girl – The Temptations
61. My Heart Can’t Tell You No – Rod Stewart
62. My Love – Paul McCartney
63. Never My Love – The Association
64. Never Too Much – Luther Vandross
65. One More Night – Phil Collins
66. Ooh, Baby Baby – Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
67. Open Arms – Journey
68. Play Me – Neil Diamond
69. Sarah Smile – Hall and Oates
70. She’s All I Ever Had – Ricky Martin
71. Something – The Beatles
72. Something About Us – Daft Punk
73. Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
74. Stay (Faraway, So Close) – U2
75. Still – The Commodores

=====================================================

- VIDEO: Love Song – The Cure



If the video above does not display, click or copy and paste the following link in your URL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpAYt-LzNWA

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am home again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am whole again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am young again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am fun again


However far away, I will always love you

However long I stay, I will always love you

Whatever words I say, I will always love you

I will always love you......

================================================

76. Suddenly – Oliva Newton-John and Cliff Richard
77. Superstar / Until You Come Back To Me – Luther Vandross
78. Sway – Bic Runga
79. Tender Love – Force MDs
80. The Air That I Breathe – The Hollies
81. The One – Elton John
82. The One You Love – Glenn Frey
83. The Scientist – Coldplay
84. The Search is Over – Survivor
85. There’s Nothing Better Than Love – Luther Vandross and Gregory Hines
86. Thirty-Three – Smashing Pumpkins
87. This Magic Moment – The Drifters
88. Time In The Bottle – Jim Croce
89. True – Spandau Ballet
90. Unchained Melody – Righteous Brothers
91. Unforgettable – Nat King Cole
92. When I Need You – Leo Sayer
93. Wild Is The Wind – Nina Simone
94. Without You – Mariah Carey
95. Woman – John Lennon
96. You Are Everything – The Stylistics
97. You Are My Starship – Norman Connors
98. You Are So Beautiful – Joe Cocker
99. You Belong To Me – Anita Baker
100. You Make Loving Fun – Fleetwood Mac

=====================================================

- VIDEO: Superstar / Until You Come Back To Me – Luther Vandross



If the video above does not display, click or copy and paste the following link in your URL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMfyqxycu70

Long ago
And oh, so far away
I fell in love with you
Before the second show

And your guitar
And you sound so sweet and clear
But you're not really here
It's just the radio

Don't you remember you told me you loved me, baby
You said you'd be comin' back this way again, baby…..

====================================


No comments:

Post a Comment