Saturday, March 6, 2010

POEM: Time Stands Still

Time Stands Still
 

We are both timeless souls.
Weary and worn.

Time flies when we are together.
Half-past eight and more than a second too late.

In your eyes,
I can see forever.

As my hand touches yours,
I can feel our chemistry.
Swirling through our attempts to embrace it.

It moves.
It grooves.
To the beat of our distant hearts.

Higher and higher.
We are above the fray.

All things that were impossible to grasp
Are now a part of our love.

Nothing torn.
Nothing lost.

I can't believe that these feelings are real.

The clouds that covered all those moments
Have made way for the sun.

To make us feel something like never before.
Always as good as the first time.
With each time being better than the last.
You want all that I can give
And I want you always in my arms.

So, don't go.
Not so soon.
Let us enjoy our moment here.

In time,
Belonging to each other.

Letting go of all our worries and cares.

While it stands to reason,
We have found each other
To make it all worthwhile.

Before time grants us an ending
We can no longer prevent.

=======================

©2009 Torrence King. All rights reserved.


To view and order The Kiss of Life – Go to:
http://torrenceking.blogspot.com/2011/08/kiss-of-life-poetry-art-collection.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment