Friday, March 26, 2010

Poem: The River Runs Cold

THE RIVER RUNS COLD

The city lights

Shine and flicker.

On the road, I see eyes

Darkened by fear.

I am here, In this carnival

Of Madness.

Only time will set me

On my path home.

Running forever,

The river’s edge draws near.

The moon reflects

And the tears roll down.

Cold.

Bitterly cold.

I feel it in my bones.

No one can save me.

No angel to visit

And comfort here.

The rivers begins

To pound the land.

Rushing like a fist

To a weakened wall.

The earth crumbles around me.

My land fails me.

My hope is gone.

Will a hand of mercy

Pull me from this bitter end?

I cannot trust a soul

Or tell an enemy

From a friend.

Not anymore.

And now, a fire burns within.

Holding on

To whatever life I have left.

------------------------------------------------------

From the poetry-art collection: Devotion: God Moving Over The Face of The Waters ©2010 Torrence King. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment