Monday, March 8, 2010

Poem: HERE (Pts. 1 - 3)

HERE – Part 1: AWAY FROM HERE

An emotional wreck.
I have become.

Attached to the feeling of being in love.
Never there.
Away from here.

Away from whatever I felt.
No more left.

The question I may ask myself.
Is never on the tip of my tongue.

The last of time is a matter of fact.
Left to the ages to sort out.

I could love
Or be loved.

I could change
Or be changed.

I could fall
Or be broken.

I laugh at the notion of making myself a fool.

Already taken for a trip
Of which lost souls could never be found.

Gone but not forgotten.

Away from here.

Wandering the streets with a shadow hanging over me.
Voices of the past
Haunting the path.
Kisses of the night
A mere flavor of what I may never have.

There, I sit.
On the floor.
Tears stream down my face.

Here.
I become someone else.
Not a mirror of your hurt.
Not a mirror of your pain.

But all that I am.
For there is no one here but me.

_______________________________________

HERE – Part 2: NO ONE HERE BUT ME

Yes.
It is all I decided against.

Don't you see?
I am not here to hurt.

I am here to be hurt.

That's not so bad.

For I will be fine.

And It's not like it's the first time.

Actually, it makes for great conversation.

Makes me cover myself
In these distant metaphors.

Now, I'll put my heart on my sleeve
To give hope to the hopeless.

In some ways, its quite encouraging.

To know one's place in the scheme of things.

Its better to know
Than not know
Where one may stand.
Otherwise, they stand
To have their very essence
Shattered by the hope of what
They thought they knew
Would be the change
For the better.

I have come to comprehend this deep command.

And scream it from the top of my lungs.

I have been a fool!
I have been let down!
I am the one who traveled down the road
Going the wrong way!

All that surrounds me is my strength!

I am here to stay!

________________________________________

HERE – Part 3: HERE TO STAY


Who is that staring back at me?
Oh, that's a reflection.
A sign on the mirror of my memory.

Let me begin this final thought.

Or may I end it on a serious note?

Not a place most may go.
For there are some that do more harm than good.

But it is the greater good that drives me.
Onward.
Forward.
I may never look back.

Or, perhaps, a sneak peak of what lurks beneath?

Overtaken by the task at hand.
Gripped by what is true love.

And I may ponder the possibilities.
For I declared my declaration to stay here for you.
With you.

What is that?
A sound I once heard before.
Many moons and dawns ago.

As clear as the night is day: Love

Love is
A breeze in the morning.
It shines through the thickening,
Darkened clouds.

I have come to know how it feels
It is forever within me.
Never to leave my side.

No one knows the future.
For this, I may never have the time to share it.
But I know its power.
For it is as big as life itself.

It is everything I have ever hoped for
Through these tears I cry.

That is love. You are loved. I am loved.

Nothing more. Nothing less
Here for always.

Here to stay.

(c)2008 Torrence J. King. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment