Saturday, August 20, 2011

Poem: Something More Than Ever

Something More Than Ever

Behind the scenes,
An offer still stands.

Beyond the clouds,
Memories of your love
Surrounds
This battered soul.

I could not 

Have known
The most beautiful glow
Of your kindness to me,
Unless,

This charm wore thin.

Yes,
I had fallen
Helpless.
Hopeless.

Swallowed my pride
And attempted 

To do without.

But you helped pull me
Through it all,
Made me stronger
And did away with
All my despair.

Now,
I am standing in the rain,
Waiting for you
To be near.

Drowning in anticipation
Of every moment,
That I can be in your arms,
Loving you 

As you love me.

I had nothing more to give
But you gave me more
Than I could ever dream.


I know now, 
That my life will never be the same.

I love you,
With all my heart
And yet, what more can I say?

What more can I do?


I pray I never lose you to another.

I hope to kiss you and celebrate 

The miracles we share,
Standing together.
On this day,
At this moment
Existing in our difference.

Let the whirlwind of your love,
Cover me body and soul.

I have nothing left to say,
Without anything less to hold.

My world has been restored,
By everything you have done for me.

Now, I stare into your face of beauty
Knowing that
From this time forth,
Even forever more,
My heart belongs to you.


====================================
©2011 Torrence King. All rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment