Saturday, April 30, 2011

Poem: The Touching of Eve

THE TOUCHING OF EVE

You,
The soul,
The spirit
Of all that is beautiful.

Strength.

Radiant
In the sight of God
And all creation.

You,
The persona,
The inspiration
Of love and life.

Love.

Sensitive to the world around
And the heavens above.

There is cleansing
In your fingertips.

Objectively treated,
You are so much more.

Humanity dwells within you.

If I dance with you,
My inspiration,
Show me how to tempt
My fate
And change this time.

You,
The lyric
The song
Of the tortured beloved.

You are distant
From my grasp.
As I slip
Into this coma,
Forever.

==========================
©1998, 2009 Torrence King. All rights reserved.


from Dead Artists Symmetry - To view and order go to:

http://torrenceking.blogspot.com/2011/08/dead-artists-symmetry-poetry-art.html


No comments:

Post a Comment