Sunday, May 1, 2011

Poem: Our Night In Question

OUR NIGHT IN QUESTION

“Where do we go
From here?”
She said staring
Into his eyes.

“I am depressed,
Pretending to be stable.
Do you think I’m crazy?”
He said, intentionally prolonging
The circumstance.

“No. You just scare me.
I often feel dizzy
And weak touching your hand.
Is there a god playing
A joke on us?”
Said the woman looking up
Above the flashing lights.


He began to hold her hand.

“What is love?” said the woman,
“What is this all about?
Why do we live like this?
Why do we cry?
Why can’t I stop loving you?”

As she stopped to sigh
He interrupted her with a statement.

“We can go down the stream
Together because I know you now.”

He answered
Her questions that starry night
And broke her heart.


==================================

©1998, 2009 Torrence King. All rights reserved. From the poetry-art collection “The Kiss of Life”


To view and order The Kiss of Life – Go to:
http://torrenceking.blogspot.com/2011/08/kiss-of-life-poetry-art-collection.html


 

No comments:

Post a Comment