Friday, March 27, 2009

Poem: I Buried My Heart At Wounded Knee

I BURIED MY HEART AT WOUNDED KNEE

I have come to this place,
Displaced and broken down.

Only here does my heart beat,
Only here does my mind think.

I will ask for more than I got
And you will give me it all.

Any time that is left,
Anybody that will hear.

I've cried for your forgiveness
For the pain that came too soon.

Only the dust is in my eyes,
Only the truth stands for my silence.

I threw all the stones
That were thrown back to me.
Then I became like before.
Fragments of loss,
Pieces of bitterness.

You want me to say I'm sorry
Just because my knees are bent.

You can pick me up from this floor,
I am a regretted mess.

I will never walk again,
Until
I've been
Both loved
And shattered.

©1996 Torrence King. All Rights Reserved. From the poetry-art collection
“Satellites & Exits” - Available Now 


=================================

To view and order Satellites and Exits - Vol. 1 – Go to:
http://torrenceking.blogspot.com/2009/10/satellites-exits-poetry-and-art-book.html

No comments:

Post a Comment