Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Poem: MOONLESS WORDS

MOONLESS WORDS


The moon hid from my eyes.



Or was it the mist of shame


Clothed in a blue of night?



I have seen much


In these darkened hours here.



What I fear,


I tread.



What I've shaken,


I've shared.



It is cold in this place


Of shadows


Where there is no where to go but up.



The beams of the night’s light


Clears my path ahead.



But not before


I stop to contemplate.



“Will I be there another moment too late?”



“Who will join me


Before the fall of the stars above?”



I find it best not to think on these things.



They just turn these feeble bones


Into crops of dust.



I have journeyed a million miles,


A million times


To the place


Where many are heard


But have very little to say.


=======================================
©1996 Torrence King. All Rights Reserved. From the poetry-art collection “Satellites & Exits” - Available Now 

 
To view and order Satellites and Exits - Vol. 1 – Go to:
http://torrenceking.blogspot.com/2009/10/satellites-exits-poetry-and-art-book.html

No comments:

Post a Comment